Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lat N 35 17 / long W 008 11

Day 31
Tonight the thing happened that you do not want to happen.
A large wave made it into the cockpit, splash,
completely drenched Th who sat on guard, washed through the whole cockpit,
went down into the interior and threw the rest at the foot end of
my bunk where I got a quick, cold and wet awakening. We have
had the same weather for 24 hours, then an extra large wave exerts itself a little extra. In the cockpit there were left a struggling
flying fish and a slimy octopus, and inside the boat, so much extra
inconvenience, it was very wet in my bed so now the whole boat is a
clothesline, salty textiles do not dry well. We are very pleased to have only about one more day to go before we're in port.
If I could make a wish now, sailing on the penultimate day is: that I
would like to see a "shore team" on the quay with buckets and rags
saying - "Hey?"
E and S, where are you?

Anna Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment